Today’s morning paper had a good surprise item for me. A news item transported me back to the "good old days". The article was about a yet to be marketed item called a “TwoDaLoo”, which can be used by two people at the same time. It promises to promote savings in usage of water and harmony among its users. According to the report, couples more often than not, go to the toilet in front of one another. In that scenario if toilets are made for use of two, as claimed in the report, it promises a world of good for the couple, while saving precious natural resource.
Reading the article took me precisely half a century back. In those days, there were no toilets in our house. I and my younger brother used to go the open fields together for our morning chores and I still vividly remember unless we were called at least three or four times, our job was not finished. During those moments, we talked about everything under the sun, unmindful of the chore we were in.
Having read this news item, I had only one regret. If these multiple user toilets one day become the norm, I should have gone for the patent of the original idea, in this matter.
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Till Death
Reminiscences by
Edappal
at
1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
HA! Nice read.
I had to re-read the Chronicle twice to really make sure they were not joking!
BTW, Great reminiscences. Keep it up.
Post a Comment