Monday, March 30, 2009

Dream Weaver

One of my recurring dream is owning a place all my own at my native place. If I had done something right away to translate that dream into a reality, perhaps I would now have been a proud owner of a small place, but I feel now that I wasted much time thinking about the pros and cons of owning a small place.

I visualized many problems and instead of finding solutions for that imaginary problem, postponed my dream to a later date when I could invest more money into my dream of owning a place at a better and more decent locality. This was my constant stand that more money to invest in a place would automatically solve some of my identified problems like security, open space, playground, recreation space etc to mention a few things. But the condition of the housing market is such that the increase in the price was never predictable and skyrocketed, while my budget to spend on my favorite item remained more or less static over the decade. While I almost purchased and sold many places in my another favorite pass time, you guessed it right, day dreaming, I never seriously did pursue my dream, and whenever I attempted, those attempts failed to materialize mostly on account of funds.

Few days ago, we were on a trip to Mumbai and one of my friends mentioned about a flat (apartment) at my native place. He casually mentioned all particulars of that flat and as it was within my scheme of things, I immediately started liking that place. I went to my native place recently and saw the flat for myself. Though the flat has some draw backs, it satisfied some or part of my expectations till I learned about the price that the owner was actually looking for it. It ended my one more sincere attempt of owning a flat at my native place.

Now I am again doing the same thing in which I have excelled all along, day dreaming about owning a nice cozy flat or place at my native place, now better known as God's own country.

0 comments: